A valid registration is required in
order to purchase an OVR permit (no dealer, farm, or repair plates).
Proof of residency is required in order to obtain a Barnstable ORV Permit. Residency can be proven by:
- Tax bill
- Minimum one year property lease
- Vehicle registration with a street address
(PO Box is not sufficient)
- Other legal documents such as a deed or will (this does not include
utility bills, excise tax bills, etc.)
- College students may provide a tuition bill with a Barnstable
Barnstable residents wishing to obtain an ORV Permit must have their
vehicle registered in their name (or the name of a person residing at the same
- They have written permission to use a company vehicle.
- Proof of ownership of the company on the vehicle registration.
- A minimum one year vehicle lease agreement.
There is a fee for permit replacement
- The old permit is returned or,
- There is documented proof (approved by the Park Manager) that the old permit
All ORV permits are not valid unless they are permanently affixed to the vehicle and the license plate number on the vehicle matches the permit (except for authorized laminated permits). The
entire protective sheet must be removed from the adhering side of the permit and the permit must be adhered to the window of the vehicle.
Proper placement of the permit is inside on the driver's side windshield.
The ORV permit
does not entitle the holder to park in the beach parking lot.
A separate resident parking permit is required. For
residents, the parking permit can be obtained through the Barnstable Recreation
The Town of Sandwich Parking permit, which is
honored at Sandy
Park, can be obtained through the
Town of Sandwich.